Not much gets done these days without been criticized. As I was watching SNL this weekend I was laughing out loud and having a blast with Shy Ronnie and Tiger Woods thinking how great those skits were. The next morning I find that the media is against that Tiger Woods sketch because it was "poor taste" and Rhianna was in the show. Hmm. Let's think about that for a second.
We are a culture of political correctness and as much as it infuriates me I can understand that majority rules. Nothing is beyond taking care of our brothers and sisters next to us by been humane to each other (obviously humans at war doesn't count because governments need to make a buck or two and taxes just ain't cutting it no more). However why take it out on the one place that offers a laugh at our society by making fun of it? And for what did they get in trouble? For mocking social-pop culture and its incidents. OOOOOOkkkkk ? So some jokes are ok and some are not? Why? When is a joke NOT a joke?
A good sense of humor is needed when watching SNL (although to many in the web I have seen a great disdain towards SNL because of what they claim to be a lack of humor). I am not saying you must watch it and enjoy it if you wish or not. Simple as that. Don't like that jokes? Don't bother tuning in.
This goes for stand up quite greatly. I love Fluffy, Dane Cook, and Ron White. I really don't like George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, or Larry the Cable Guy. I simply think that some have great material and some don't. What is wrong with my opinion? Nothing! It's just an opinion.
If a joke is said to be funny at the expense of others… well be careful they don't strike back in case they don't have a sense of humor. That is a sound principle. But if I watch a show that its hook is to make fun of situations out of headlines and real life then you take it for what it is: A JOKE!
Either laugh or let me laugh in peace. Leave SNL out of your little loop if you must but cmon , take a joke.

No comments:
Post a Comment